RIIZE - "Impossible" MV Review

Promotional shot of Kpop boy group Riize for their single "Impossible" from left to right Sungchan, Sohee, Wonbin, Eunseok, Anton and Shotaro stand in a concrete building looking up towards the camera
Photo source: SM Ent.

"Impossible" is a pre-release (or "prologue song") for Riize's upcoming first mini-album RIIZING.
This song is also their 5th single after "Memories" (Pre-Debut), "Get A Guitar" (Review), "Talk Saxy" (Review) and "Love 119" (Review).
Riize continues as 6 because their member Seunghan is not on this single (or mini-album) as he is still on hiatus.

"Impossible" Review


I will put a hand on my heart and just tell the truth: When I first heard the teasers for "Impossible" I thought that I was going to hate this song so badly that it would become Riize's first miss (for me), but I have to say that the full release left me pleasantly surprised.
The ~vibes~ of this song -although they sound nothing alike- remind me of a faster-paced cousin of Shinee's "View" (which I love).
My favorite part of the song is the pre-chorus (see: 1:00 and 2:01) I love it. That part lowkey reminds me of Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music" when she sings: "I wanna take you away~".
The choreography looks really hard to the point that -I- felt tired after watching this MV. I don't wanna imagine how tiring is for the Riize members.
My favorite part of the MV is the shots of Sohee and Eunseok outside an old building at 1:52. The editing throughout the MV was very well done.
Style-wise, there was nothing that caught my attention in a positive or negative way, so I will just omit talking about it.


Rating

Song Quality - 10/10
MV Quality - 10/10
Choreography - 10/10
Style - n/a

Overall Rating - 10/10

Song Credits

Release Date: April 18, 2024.

Length: 3 min 02 sec.

Writers: Hwang Yubin (XYXX).

Composers: David Wilson, James Abrahart, Dewain Whitmore Jr.

Producers: dwilly.

MV Directed by: Jinooya Makes.





*The song credits are taken from Riize's Fandom Wiki*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Kdrama of the Year? Moving (2023) - KDrama Review

My Top 5 Girls' Generation (SNSD) Kdramas - 5 Short Kdrama Reviews

My Favorite KDrama of All Time - The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) Review