RIIZE - "Love 119" MV Review

Promotional shot of Kpop boy group Riize for their single "Love 119" from left to right members Sohee, Sungchan, Wonbin, Eunseok, Anton and Shotaro.
Photo Source: SM Ent.

"Love 119" is Riize's second comeback and their 4th single after "Memories" (Pre-Debut), "Get A Guitar" (Review) and "Talk Saxy" (Review). It's also their first comeback without member Seunghan, who is currently on hiatus (I hope he returns to the group soon).

"Love 119" Review


To be sincere, the first time I listened to "Love 119" I didn't like the chorus at all, but now it has grown on me although I would have preferred that the chorus was more melodic instead of "chant" like (Edit: I take back what I wrote, the 119 part is stuck in my head and it fits perfectly with the song). I really liked the verses in this song though, especially Sungchan's at 1:07.
"Love 119" samples from an old Korean song "Emergency Room" by izi (OST from KBS's 2005 Kdrama Sassy Girl Chun-Hyang) and that helps in giving a ~nostalgic~ sound to the song.
I have to give props to the person who chose the locations in this MV because they are beautiful. I love those shots at the mountain from 3:19 until the end.
Aesthetically, this MV reminds me a lot of movies like "Love Letter" (a Japanese movie from 1995) and "Your Name" (a Japanese animated movie from 2016). I didn't understand the plot of the MV though ^^; Did the girl die and become a butterfly? did her existence get erased after a meteor shower?
Style-wise, the clothes are mostly school uniforms or streetwear, but it still looks good. I really like the coat and scarf Shotaro wears at 1:21. That combination looks great, I totally would wear that. When they are wearing long coats they look like male leads in a movie like Anton's shot at 3:29.

Gif from the boy group Riize in their Music Video "Love 119" where the members are having fun hanging out together

Rating

Song Quality - 9/10
MV Quality - 10/10
Choreography - 10/10
Style - 10/10
Will I listen to the song again? - Yes

Overall Rating - 10/10


Song Credits

Release Date: January 5, 2024.

Length: 2 min 53 sec.

Writers: Jeong Daseul (MUMW), ChaMane, Moon Seo Lee, Cho Yoon Kyung.

Composers: Jason Hahs, Colin Mags, David Wilson, MZMC.

Producers: dwilly, MZMC.

MV Directed by: Byul Yun.



*The song credits are taken from Riize's Fandom Wiki*

Still from the Music Video "Love 119" of kpop boy group Riize where the members are lying in the snow





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Kdrama of the Year? Moving (2023) - KDrama Review

My Top 5 Girls' Generation (SNSD) Kdramas - 5 Short Kdrama Reviews

My Favorite KDrama of All Time - The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) Review