RIIZE - "Talk Saxy" MV Review

Kpop boy group Riize members from left to right: Sungchan, Eunseok, Shotaro, Wonbin, Seunghan, Sohee and Anton
Photo source: SM Ent.
 
"Talk Saxy" is Riize's first comeback after debuting on September 4 with "Get A Guitar" (Review here)

"Talk Saxy" Review


"Talk Saxy" although not as good as Riize's previous song, "Get A Guitar", is still a strong release, especially towards the end and is great to showcase the different colors of a rookie group. The catchiest part of the song is the "talk to me to me talk talk to me to me" at 2:37. When I first read the title I thought the song was going to be more like Alexandra Stan - "Mr. Saxobeat", Moldova's  Eurovision entry (2010) - "Run Away" A.K.A epic sax guy or even Nene Malo - "Bailan Rochas y Chetas" (Sorry), so I was a little disappointed that the titular sax wasn't as "strong" as those songs.
The music video is a great reminder of boy group videos from the '90s and '00s, especially the parts with Shotaro and Sohee, who look straight out of those videos. The 2:16 part reminds me of the Backstreet Boys for some reason.
Style-wise, I really like the silver sport-like jerseys (?) pictured above with the Riize banner hanging from the pants and I think Wonbin looks great wearing a beret. 
In this MV the style is more uniform compared to "Get A Guitar" with the previously mentioned jerseys and the all-white look that is almost the same for everyone.

Gif from the music video of Kpop boy group Riize song "Talk Saxy" with Wonbin singing


Rating:

Song Quality 7/10
MV Quality 8/10
Choreography 9/10
Fashion 8/10
Will I listen again? - Probably.

Overall Rating - 7.5/10



Song Credits

Release Date: October 27, 2023.

Length: 3 min 10 sec.

Writers: danke (Lalala Studio).

Composers: Brice Fox, Tony Ferrari, Jurek Reunamäki, samUIL (Decade+), Tay Jasper, Adrian McKinnon.

Producers: Jurek, Benjamin 55

MV Directed by: Lafic.



*The song credits are taken from Riize's Fandom Wiki*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Kdrama of the Year? Moving (2023) - KDrama Review

My Top 5 Girls' Generation (SNSD) Kdramas - 5 Short Kdrama Reviews

My Favorite KDrama of All Time - The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) Review