IVE - "HEYA" MV Review

Teaser picture for IVE's second korean mini-album IVE Switch from left to right Rei, Leeseo, Wonyoung, Yujin, Gaeul and Liz
Photo Source: Starship Ent.

"Heya" (해야) is a single and title track for IVE's second Korean mini-album Ive Switch. "Heya" is IVE's first comeback of 2024 after releasing "Baddie" (Review) on October 13, 2023.  

"Heya" Review


"Heya" is a really big upgrade from IVE's previous song, "Baddie"; I found "Heya" to be very catchy and I have to say that I sincerely liked this song a lot.
The parts from the song that stood out for me where the pre-choruses at 0:42 and 1:48 and the bridge at 2:23 -which was my favorite part of the song-. The verses of the song are good and I think that the "weakest" (although still good) part of the song was the chorus. 
The choreography -although not the best- seems quite fun. The dance point (as seen on: 0:57) reminds me a little bit of Produce 101 (and later I.O.I) "Pick Me".
This MV is influenced by Eastern culture -I can't comment much on that because I lack the knowledge- and it looks very pretty. It seems like the girls upgraded from being cats in "Baddie" to tigresses in "Heya". The tigress theme fits very nicely with the lyrics and with the aesthetics of the MV. I liked the moving drawings that appear throughout the MV.  
Style-wise, I loved all the clothes in this video. My favorite looks are Liz at 0:21, Leeseo at 0:34 and 1:28 and the thematical group look at 0:25 (it appears in more parts).


Rating

Song Quality - 9/10
MV Quality - 10/10
Choreography - 8/10
Style - 10/10
Will I listen to the song again? - Yes.

Overall Rating - 9.5/10



Song Credits

Release Date: April 29, 2024.

Length: 3 min 10 sec.

Writers: Lee Seu-Ran, Exy, Solhee.

Composers: Ryan S. Jhun, Dem Jointz, Ido Nadjar, Kloe Latimer, Jack Brady and Jordan Roman.

Producers: Ryan S. Jhun, Dem Jointz, Ido Nadjar and THE WAVYS.

MV Directed by: Yoon Seung-Rim and Jang Dong-Ju (Rigend Film).






*The song credits are taken from IVE's fandom wiki*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Kdrama of the Year? Moving (2023) - KDrama Review

My Top 5 Girls' Generation (SNSD) Kdramas - 5 Short Kdrama Reviews

My Favorite KDrama of All Time - The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) Review