IVE - "Baddie" MV Review

 

Kpop girl group IVE members sitting in movie theater seats in the top row from left to right Rei, Liz and Gaeul bottom row left to right Leeseo, Yujin and Wonyoung
Photo source: Starship Ent.

IVE (라이즈) is a Starship girl group that debuted on December 1, 2021, and consists of 6 members Yujin (ex-Iz*One), Gaeul, Rei, Wonyoung (ex-Iz*One), Liz and Leeseo. "Baddie" is the title track and the third single of their first Korean Mini Album I've Mine.

"Baddie" Review


"Baddie" at 2:34 is a bit too short and relies too much on its hook, but the rest of the song is just there, unlike IVE's previous releases like "Love Dive" and "I Am" who catch your attention the first time you listen to them.
The "Imma baddie baddie baddie pretty little risky baddie" in the chorus is catchy, but I find the high-pitched synth to be a tad annoying and that lowers the enjoyment of that part a little.
The MV reminds me of some of Red Velvet's MVs and also some scenes made me think of a dark-sided sister of WJSN Chocome's "Super Yuppers!". I love the cat imagery throughout the MV but that pink cat-truck that runs (drives?) through the store is a bit weird for my taste. 
Style-wise, the girls look great, especially Rei with the darker shade of pink in her hair (By the way, she kind of reminds me of Hyuna).

Gif from the music video of Kpop girl group IVE song "Baddies" where member Gaeul is in a pink room full of cat related things

Rating:

Song Quality - 6/10
MV Quality - 8/10
Choreography - 7/10
Fashion - 8/10
Cats - 10/10
Will I listen again? - Probably no.
Overall Rating - 7.5/10

Song Credits

Release Date: October 13, 2023.

Length: 2 min 34 sec.

Writers: Big Naughty, Perrie, Ryan S. Jhun.

Composers: Ryan S. Jhun, Christopher Smith, Fin Dow-Smith, Lauren Aquilina.

Producers: Ryan S. Jhun, Fin Dow-Smith, Risc.

MV Directed by: Lafic.







Sorry if I'm a bit biased, but I have a black cat so that bumps the rating a little. I just can't help it, my cat told me to do it. 

*The song credits are taken from IVE's Wikipedia* 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Kdrama of the Year? Moving (2023) - KDrama Review

My Top 5 Girls' Generation (SNSD) Kdramas - 5 Short Kdrama Reviews

My Favorite KDrama of All Time - The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) Review