Taeyeon - "To. X" MV Review

Girls' Generation member Kim Taeyeon
Photo source: SM Ent.

Kim Taeyeon is the leader of Girls' Generation who debuted solo with "I" on October 7, 2015. "To. X" is the title track and lead single from her 5th Mini Album also titled To. X.

"To. X" Review


This song took me by surprise as I thought from the teasers it was going to be more chill, like a coffee shop song. The song starts with a guitar riff that greatly accompanies Taeyeon's voice throughout and is quite catchy, to me it feels like the faster-paced cousin of "Rain", which is my 2nd favorite Taeyeon solo ("INVU" is 1st).
In the music video, Taeyeon is shown as having a controlling and narcissistic boyfriend and noticing that the relationship is bad for her, so she metaphorically burns the house (the relationship) down. I loved all the upside-down shots, especially the one at 2:26 with Taeyeon looking at the projection of an upside-down city, but my favorite shot, the one that takes the cake, is the one at 2:00 where Taeyeon is seen walking in something like a Praxinoscope (?).
Style-wise I'm a big fan of dark-haired Taeyeon, who looks great in this MV. My favorite look is the one with the light blue dress, I love the details on the straps of that dress and I also liked the one with the leather jacket and green skirt.

Gif from the music video of Taeyeon's song "To. X" where she closes a lipstick


Rating:

Song Quality - 10/10
MV Quality - 10/10
Style - 8/10
Upside Down shots - 10/10
Will I listen to the song again? - Yes

Overall Rating - 10/10



Song Credits

Release Date: November 27, 2023.

Length: 2 min 50 sec.

Writers: Kenzie.

Composers: Stephen Puth, Dazy, Kristin Carpenter.

Producers: Stephen Puth, Dazy.




*The song credits are taken from Taeyeon's Wikipedia*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Kdrama of the Year? Moving (2023) - KDrama Review

My Top 5 Girls' Generation (SNSD) Kdramas - 5 Short Kdrama Reviews

My Favorite KDrama of All Time - The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) Review