Yena - "NemoNemo" MV Review (+ a Short Single Album Review)

Concept photo for Choi Yena's third single album Nemo Nemo. In the picture, Yena poses with her hands over her mouth like a shocked expression while looking towards the right of the image.

Choi Yena used to be a member of the temporary Kpop girl group Iz*One, which originated from the 2018 MNET survival show Produce 48. After the disbandment of Iz*One on April 29, 2021, Yena made her solo debut under Yuehua Ent. (the company she represented during Produce 48) on January 17, 2022.
NemoNemo, released on September 30, is Yena's third single album.

"NemoNemo"

Although this song has been out for almost two weeks, I only accidentally came across it recently, and I have to say that "Nemo Nemo" is ultra-catchy ﹘ I can't take out the chorus of my mind.
From the song structure to Yena's voice inflection, "Nemo Nemo" reminds me of old-school Jpop songs.
As much as I love how catchy the chorus is my favorite part of the song is the pre-chorus which is totally wonderful.

The MV is super cute, and the editing is fantastic; I love the scene starting at 1:44, where Yena faints from the shock and gets a tape outline around her, which continues towards the next scene where she is dancing. 
I love all the different expressions on the box masks; they are super well done.
The Park Myung-Soo cameo at the end surprised me a lot. I wasn't expecting him to appear; I thought it was just going to be a random extra.

Style-wise, I love all the outfits; they are all really cute. My favorite look is the one with the black and pink squares Co-ord set (as seen in the picture above), aside from the outfit being pretty, Yena's hairstyle is great.

Rating

Song – 10/10
MV – 10/10
Choreography – 10/10
Style – 10/10

Overall Rating – 10/10


Song Credits

Release Date: September 30, 2024.

Length: 2 min 59 sec.

Lyrics by: ZICO, NATHAN, Roho, and GESTURE.

Music by: NATHAN, Hong Hoon-Ki, Ohway!, Kako, GESTURE, View, Elum, and Nmore.

Arrangement by: Hong Hoon-Ki, NATHAN, Ohway!, and Nmore.

MV Directed by: Yang Soonsik.

"Sugar"

Concept photo for Choi Yena's third single album Nemo Nemo. In the picture, Yena poses while sitting on the something that looks like pink cotton candy while staring at the camera.
Length: 2:47.
Lyrics: b!ni and NATHAN.
Music: NATHAN, b!ni, MILLENNIUM, Lee Beom-Hoon, Shannon, Hey Farmer, and JINex.
Arrangement: NATHAN, Lee Beom-Hoon, and MILLENNIUM.

"Sugar" is a very cute song that has a "familiar" sound, it's almost as if I've heard it somewhere else before, although I haven't.

Rating – 8/10

"It Was Love"

Concept photo for Choi Yena's third single album Nemo Nemo. In the picture, Yena sits on the floor surrounded by legos. Some of the legos spell Yena.
Length: 3:01.
Lyrics: Jinri (Full8loom) and NATHAN.
Music: NATHAN, Jinri (Full8loom), Nmore, HoHo, and Hwang Soon-Gyu.
Arrangement: NATHAN, Nmore, and HoHo. 

"It Was Love" has a bit of a rockish sound compared to the two previous songs; I really like the drumming in this song. 
I prefer "It Was Love" over "Sugar." It feels like a more complete song...

Rating – 9/10

Final Thoughts

I really enjoyed NemoNemo a lot; it's a great single album. The song "NemoNemo" is brilliant and has a great musical direction. I enjoyed the two other songs of NemoNemo quite a lot, but I have to say that they feel a lot less exciting than the titular song ﹘ they are still good, though!

Overall NemoNemo Rating – 9/10


Photo souce: Yuehua Ent.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Was Moving the BEST Kdrama of 2023? - KDrama Review