Oh My Girl - "Classified" MV Review

Concept photo for Oh My Girl's 10th mini album Dreamy Resonance. In the picture the members from left to right Mimi, Yubin, YooA, Hyojung, Seunghee and Arin stand in what looks to be a desert in a starry night wearing elegant dresses

Oh My Girl (오마이걸), also known as OMG, is a girl group from WM Entertainment which debuted on April 20, 2015. The group formerly consisted of 8 members: Hyojung, JinE, Mimi, YooA, Seunghee, Jiho, Binnie* (Yubin), and Arin. Now consists of 6 members after JinE left the group in 2017 due to health issues, and Jiho left the group after she decided not to renew her contract in 2022.
"Classified" is the title track from their 10th mini album, Dreamy Resonance, released on August 26, 2024.
*Yubin's former stage name was Binnie, but in 2022 she started to use her real name as her stage name.  

"Classified" Review

I'm not an Oh My Girl fan, but I love their songs "Closer" and "Secret Garden," -my third favorite OMG song is "banana allergy monkey" by their sub-unit BANHANA don't @ me, pls- and when I heard "Classified" I found it to be right up my alley. I read some comments saying that "Classified" reminds them of a Red Velvet song, and after listening to (and ranking) all 136 songs by Red Velvet for their 10th anniversary, I totally see it (or hear it) "Classified;" would fit like a glove in The ReVe Festival 2022 – Feel My Rhythm (although I have to say that I like "Classified" a bit more than "Feel My Rhythm"). "Classified" is a cute song right from the start with that lovely instrumental intro. I loved almost all of the song except for Mimi's second rap verse, which I disliked solely for a petty reason (she rhymed present with present).
The MV is as lovely as the song; I loved the painted window/house that appears throughout the MV. I also love the city model with the lights in the windows. However, my favorite set is the one where the members are "outside;" it's super beautiful. If the music video had a story to follow, I didn't understand it, but I believe that the OMG members are dolls, as there are some scenes where they are smaller than a dinner table (?.
Style-wise, I loved almost every outfit except for Mimi's crocheted dress. As I love matchy group outfits, my favorite looks were the white and black plaid outfits (I especially liked YooA's look) and the all-white outfits. Slightly off-topic, but I haven't seen the Oh My Girls members in a long time and I ended up having a hard time recognizing Yubin with her blonde hair (I only recognized her by discard).

Gif of Kpop girl group oh my girl in the music video for their song classified. In the gif the members laugh while sitting on the floor

Rating

Song Quality - 9/10
MV Quality - 10/10
Choreography - 10/10
Style - 9/10

Overall Rating - 9.5/10

Gif of Kpop girl group oh my girl in the music video for their song classified. In the gif the members run together through a place covered in trees with a fake sky background

Song Credits

Release Date: August 26, 2024.

Length: 3 min 15 sec.

Writers: Kim In-A and Mimi.

Composers: Lee Joo-Hyun, NILD (MonoTree), Ayushy (THE HUB), IRIS (MonoTree) and Ryan S. Jhun.

Arrangers: Lee Joo-Hyun, NILD (MonoTree) and Ryan S. Jhun.
   


Photo source: WM Ent./Oh My Girl X (Twitter) account.
*Credits taken from Oh My Girl's Fandom Wiki*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Was Moving the BEST Kdrama of 2023? - KDrama Review