Doh Kyung Soo (D.O) "Popcorn" - MV Review

Concept photo for Doh Kyung Soo upcoming mini-album "Blossom" where Kyung Soo (D.O) is sitting on a bed showing his side profile
Photo source: Company Soosoo on X (Twitter)

Doh Kyung Soo (D.O) is a member of the Kpop boy group Exo. He debuted solo on July 26, 2021, on October 18, 2023 Kyung Soo left SM Entertainment and formed his own company with his manager named Company Soosoo.
"Popcorn" is a pre-release for his -upcoming- third mini-album titled Blossom.   

"Popcorn" Review


All I can say (and this is no secret at all) is that Kyung Soo is my favorite Exo member. He has the voice that I love the most in the group and I love how he is also such a great actor, so I might sound a little bit biased when I say that I liked "Popcorn" a lot; I found it very bright and charming, but there is something that is driving me crazy about this song as if I'm rambling a bit but I swear that if you change the beginning of the song and put a piano and some bells instead and also change the mentions of spring to winter or Christmas this song is an absolute Christmas song (the chorus doesn't sound Christmassy, though). You might be wondering, "What even is she talking about?" and my point is that I... -ahem- WE need a new Exo Christmas album because Kyung Soo's voice was made for winter songs (actually, he sounds great in every song).
The MV is really adorable, I found myself smiling a lot while I was watching it, the only problem I found is that it left me craving some popcorn. 
 
Gif from the music video of the song "Popcorn" by Doh Kyung Soo where he is sitting in a bed spacing out

     

Rating

Song Quality - 10/10
MV Quality - 10/10
Kyung Soo dancing - 10/10
Style - Cute/10
Will I listen to the song again? - Yes.

Overall Rating - 10/10

Song Credits

Release Date: April 30, 2024.

Length: 3 min 01 sec.

Writers: Lee Seu-Ran.

Composers: Joe Harvey, Jack Harvey, Ryan Bickley and TMM.

Arranged by: JXJ.

*The song credits are taken from Kpop fandom wiki*

Gif from the music video of the song "Popcorn" by Doh Kyung Soo where he is dancing while vacuum cleaning

Gif from the music video of the song "Popcorn" by Doh Kyung Soo where he is preparing for a videocall

Gif from the music video of the song "Popcorn" by Doh Kyung Soo where he is dancing with the vapor of an iron

Gif from the music video of the song "Popcorn" by Doh Kyung Soo where he is fervently dancing in front of an elevator while his backpack throws popcorn out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Kdrama of the Year? Moving (2023) - KDrama Review

My Top 5 Girls' Generation (SNSD) Kdramas - 5 Short Kdrama Reviews

My Favorite KDrama of All Time - The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) Review