SEVENTEEN - "MAESTRO" MV Review

Promotional picture for "17 is right here" a compilation album from the Kpop boy group Seventeen. The image show the drawing of a gray building that above a door says "17 is right here" and slightly to the left in a smaller font it says "Seventeen the best"
Photo source: Pledis Ent. and Seventeen Twitter (X) account.

Seventeen (세븐틴), also known as SVT is a boy group from the company Pledis Entertainment that debuted on May 26, 2015 and consists of 13 members: S.Coups, Jeonghan, Joshua, Jun, Hoshi, Wonwoo, Woozi, DK, Mingyu, The8, Seungkwan, Vernon and Dino. The group is named Seventeen because they have 13 members, 3 teams (dance, hip-hop and vocal) and they are 1 group (13+3+1=17).
"MAESTRO" is the title track from their compilation album 17 Is Right Here which consists of all their singles from debut till now (2024) plus 4 unreleased songs (MAESTRO being one of them).

"MAESTRO" Review


I really loved "MAESTRO" at the very first listen and found myself bobbing my head alongside the song during (and after) the bridge at 3:06. My favorite parts of the song are the aforementioned bridge and when Wonwoo switches it up at 1:46.
The choreography is super good and energetic, but we're talking about Seventeen, so it doesn't surprise me at all.
The MV follows Seventeen in a Sci-Fi world where they are fighting against robots, Hoshi flickers at the start of the MV, maybe he's an AI? and Joshua looks a bit like Michelangelo's painting "The Creation of Adam" at 0:43, maybe he's a robot? (I actually didn't understand anything. LOL). The MV ends with someone writing on a computer "Who is the real MAESTRO?" (I have no idea what the answer is). I really liked the shots of The8 with an electric violin with lasers (like in 1:45) and Wonwoo fighting with the robots right after. I also liked the shots of Woozi playing the piano on the rooftop.
Style-wise, everyone looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of all the outfits the guys wear.


Rating

Song Quality - 10/10
MV Quality - 10/10
Choreography - 10/10
Style - 10/10
Will I listen to the song again? - Yes.

Overall Rating - 10/10



Song Credits

Release Date: April 29, 2024.

Length: 3 min 18 sec.

Writers: Woozi and Bumzu.

Composers: Woozi, Bumzu, Ninos Hanna, Andreas Oberg, Gabriel Brandes, Justin Starling, Maya Rose, Niklas Jarelius Persson, William Segerdahl and Yeom Dong-Geon

MV Directed by: 725 (SL8IGHT VISUAL LAB).



*The song credits are taken from Seventeen Wikipedia*









April 29th has been a good day for music as I ended up liking every new song that I heard :).
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Kdrama of the Year? Moving (2023) - KDrama Review

My Top 5 Girls' Generation (SNSD) Kdramas - 5 Short Kdrama Reviews

My Favorite KDrama of All Time - The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) Review