ILLIT Debuts With "Magnetic" - MV Review

Promotional picture of Kpop girl group ILLIT members from left to right Minju, Moka, Iroha, Wonhee and Yunah
Photo source: Hybe and Belift Lab

ILLIT is the new Kpop girl group of Hybe labels sub-label Belift Lab that debuted on March 25, 2024 and consists of 5 members (pre-debut 6): Yunah, Minju, Moka, Wonhee and Iroha. The girls were chosen in the JTBC's 2023 survival show R U NEXT? 
"Magnetic" is the lead single of their first mini album, Super Real Me.

"Magnetic" Review


"Magnetic" is a cute song that fits the group to a T and the chorus is super catchy. I have to say that I didn't like the "bae bae bae" part at 0:56. But I think it will end up growing on me.
I really liked the verse sung by Iroha at 0:14 and the pre-chorus at 0:32 and 1:25
The choreography is cute and fits the song very well, although it reminds me a bit of NewJeans, probably because it's very youthful(?. I think the butt shake after the first chorus looks bad in the MV, but the live version looks normal.
I really liked the MV, but the best part is everything that happens after one of the girls punches a wall at 2:10. I remember when I was a child, I used to roll on the floor just like in 2:32 (the only difference is that I did that in a downhill street (? [my parents didn't know]). I also liked the part where Iroha makes puzzle pieces float at 0:16.
Style-wise, everything looks pretty and quite matchy. My favorite outfits were the white and blue and the all-white ones. Of the white and blue outfits, I really liked Iroha's dress and Yunah's white shirt with the blue details and blue skirt, and from the all-white outfits, I liked Minju and Yunah's look.

Gif from Kpop girl group ILLIT MV "Magnetic" where the members are standing in a doorway and look down to see a unicorn plushie


Rating

Song Quality - 9/10
MV Quality - 10/10
Choreography - 10/10
Style - 10/10
Will I listen to the song again? - Probably yes.

Overall Rating - 10/10

Gif from Kpop girl group ILLIT MV "Magnetic" where the members are jumping



Song Credits

Release Date: March 25, 2024.

Length: 2 min 40 sec.

Writers: Slow Rabbit, "hitman" bang, martin, Salem Illese, Danke, Vicenzo, Lee, Sophie Leigh McBurnie, Lauren Amber Aquillina, Marcus Andersson, Kim Kiwi, Oh Hyun-Seon (Lalala Studio), James.

Producers: Slow Rabbit, "hitman" bang, martin.

MV Directed by: DQM.

Creative Director: Serian Heu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Kdrama of the Year? Moving (2023) - KDrama Review

My Top 5 Girls' Generation (SNSD) Kdramas - 5 Short Kdrama Reviews

My Favorite KDrama of All Time - The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) Review