Le Sserafim "EASY" - MV Review

Promotional picture for kpop girl group Le Sserafim new mini album "Easy" from left to right members Kazuha, Yunjin, Eunchae and Sakura on the bottom left Chaewon is lying on Yunjin lap they are all wearing white dresses and thorn crowns with roses in them
Photo source: Hybe and Source Music

Le Sserafim is a girl group from the company Source Music/Hybe labels that debuted on May 2, 2022 and consists of 5 members (formerly 6) Sakura (ex-Iz*One), Chaewon (ex-Iz*One), Yunjin (participated in Produce 48 with Sakura and Chaewon), Kazuha and Eunchae. Le Sserafim is an anagram of I'm Fearless and also makes a reference to the seraphim (a type of angel). 
"Easy" is the title track and lead single of their third mini album also titled Easy.

"Easy" MV Review


"Easy" is a very chill song, the beat is stuck in my head and I find the chorus super catchy. What I don't really like about this song is the heavy use of autotune. I think it doesn't work well with the style of the song. 
I like Eunchae's "clap your hands"part at 0:55 and Chaewon's part at 2:05.
The choreography looks too strong compared to how chill the song is.
I think this concept was made for Chaewon and Yujin; they really shine in this MV and throughout the song.
The MV is an aesthetic masterpiece right from the start, with that gorgeous building full of vines. I love the reference to Michelangelo's "La Pietà" at 0:47 and the scene with Eunchae on the swing that begins at 2:18. The neon lights that appear throughout the MV reminds me of the 1996 movie Romeo + Juliet, especially the LSF heart.
Style-wise, I love the dress that Eunchae wears in the aforementioned swing scene and also the dresses that Yunjin and Eunchae wear in the (also) aforementioned La Pietà-type scene. Eunchae and Yunjin's hair colors look beautiful, especially Yunjin which suits her very well. I also really like the hairstyle Chaewon sports during the chorus.


Rating

Song Quality - 8/10 
MV Quality - 10/10
Choreography - 8/10
Style - 9/10
Will I listen to the song again? - Yes

Overall Rating 8.5/10


Song Credits

Release Date: February 19, 2024.

Length: 2 min 45 sec.

Writers: Amanda "Kiddo A.I." Ibanez, Sean Turk, Joseph Barrios, Alex Fernandez, Jordyn Smith, Hadar Adora, Supreme Boi, SCORE & Megatone (13), "hitman" bang.

Composers: Amanda "Kiddo A.I." Ibanez, Sean Turk, Joseph Barrios, Alex Fernandez, Jordyn Smith, Hadar Adora, Supreme Boi, SCORE & Megatone (13), "hitman" bang

Producers: Sean Turk, Cashae, 13.

MV Directed by: Nina McNeely.











I don't know if you can tell, but I really liked the aesthetics of the MV... (I'm catholic btw)

*The song credits are taken from Le Sserafim's Fandom Wiki* 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Kdrama of the Year? Moving (2023) - KDrama Review

My Top 5 Girls' Generation (SNSD) Kdramas - 5 Short Kdrama Reviews

My Favorite KDrama of All Time - The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) Review