WJSN Seola's Solo Debut - "Without U" MV Review

 

Promotional picture of the solo debut of Seola, member of Kpop girl group WJSN (Cosmic Girls)
Photo source: Starship Ent.

Seola is a member of the Starship girl group WJSN (Cosmic Girls) she debuted solo on January 23, 2024 with the single album Inside Out with "Without U" being the title track and lead single

"Without U" Review


I started to like WJSN when I saw Bona in Girls' Generation 1979 but I discovered how good WJSN's discography is right before they appeared in Queendom 2 and I became a fan. When I read that Seola was going to make her solo debut I was very happy and I'm glad to write that the song didn't disappoint at all. The song reminds me of something SNSD's Taeyeon would release and that's a huge compliment (I love Taeyeon's music). I really love the parts of the song at 0:32 and 1:33 they are very catchy, but to be honest, I found the chorus to be quite monotonous. I understand that narratively it's done this way to show that she is stuck in a routine, but I would have liked that the chorus after she "breaks free" was different (I know the adlibs are different though).
 The MV looks very low budget, almost like Starship only had $5 and a dream, but it still looks pretty enough, especially the beginning, which looks really cinematic.
Style-wise, the red dress Seola wears throughout the MV looks really beautiful, I also really like the mesh-like dress at 0:44.

Gif from the music video of Kpop singer Seola where she goes up a ladder

Rating

Song Quality - 9/10
MV Quality - 8/10
Style - 9/10

Overall Rating - 8.5/10



Song Credits

Release Date: January 5, 2024.

Length: 3 min 12 sec.

Writers: Jinri (Full8loom), SeolA.

Composers: Glory Face (Full8loom), Jinri (Full8loom), woojin (Full8loom).

Producers: Glory Face (Full8loom), woojin (Full8loom).




*The song credits are taken from Kpop Fandom Wiki*
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Kdrama of the Year? Moving (2023) - KDrama Review

My Top 5 Girls' Generation (SNSD) Kdramas - 5 Short Kdrama Reviews

My Favorite KDrama of All Time - The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) Review