VIVIZ - "MANIAC" MV Review

 

Members of kpop girl group Viviz left to right: Umji, SinB and Eunha
Photo source: Big Planet Made

Viviz is a girl group from the company BPM (Big Planet Made) Entertainment that debuted on February 9, 2022 and consists of 3 members Eunha, SinB and Umji who are former members of the girl group GFriend that was dissolved on May 21, 2021. 
"MANIAC" is the lead single of their 4th Mini Album Versus.

"MANIAC" Review


When I heard "MANIAC" for the first time I didn't think much of it (maybe that day I was in a bad mood or maybe Eunha's contact lenses scared me, sorry), but today, when I accidentally listened to it again, I ended up loving it, which is why I'm writing this 1 month late. 
The song has a great beat and the bass sounds fantastic. In fact, I feel really bad for not paying much attention to this song earlier. This song feels like a super distant cousin to IVE's "Love Dive" which I also really like and I'm not saying that these songs are similar at all, don't get me wrong, "Love Dive" just popped into my head after listening to it and I think "MANIAC" deserves to be as popular as "Love Dive" was when it came out. My favorite parts of the song are Umji's part at 1:16 (It's also my favorite part of the MV) and SinB's part at 2:04.
The MV is very beautiful. I also really like the side shot of Umji walking at 0:29 and the parts with hitchhiking!Viviz. The shots of the car with the flowers remind me of this Miss Dior commercial and although they are nothing alike, the parts are really beautiful and aesthetic.
Style-wise the girls look great I really like Umij's cream colored dress and Rocker!SinB looks absolutely fantastic the look reminds me of Taylor Momsen of the Pretty Reckless (and Gossip Girl). I also really like Eunha's hairstyles especially the Rocker!Eunha one and the updo at the outside shots. The only thing I disliked was (as I said earlier) the shots of Eunha's contact lenses.  

Gif of Member of Kpop girl group Viviz Umji in their music video for their song Maniac

Rating

Song Quality - 10/10
MV Quality - 10/10
Choreography - 10/10
Style - 9/10
Will I listen to the song again? - Yes 

Overall Rating - 10/10



Song Credits

Release Date: November 2, 2023.

Length: 3 min 15 sec.

Writers: Goo Yeo Reum.

Composers: Jack Brady, Jordan Roman, Chloe Copoloff, OSTON, TMM.

Producers: The Wavys.

MV Directed by: Kim Ja-Kyoung (FLEXIBLEPICTURES).



*The song credits are taken from Kpop Fandom Wiki*








This song is really great, I really liked it and I'm sorry I made a lot of comparisons to other things I like. I guess I'm just feeling nostalgic (is it because the year is ending?) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Kdrama of the Year? Moving (2023) - KDrama Review

My Top 5 Girls' Generation (SNSD) Kdramas - 5 Short Kdrama Reviews

My Favorite KDrama of All Time - The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) Review